Has anyone ever died from eating cookie dough?

Chef's answer
Coli can occur in a variety of foods, including the Nestle Toll House cookie dough that Rivera ate. Although she did not die immediately, doctors believe that the cause of her health problems and eventual death were due to the bacteria that was found in the cookie dough that she ate.
Frequently asked Questions 🎓
That, or the dough wasn't cool enough before baking. Warm cookie dough or excess butter will cause the cookies to spread too much, baking quickly on the outside but remaining raw in the middle. Next time, chill your cookies in the fridge for 10 minutes before you bake them. If the problem persists, use less butter.
A few more cooking questions 📍